Monday, July 16, 2007

More on Coupland: YouTube-ing

More helpful material sent along From J.L.:
Here is a link to a pretty old BBC interview with Douglas Coupland. I was very interested to see this, and I suspect many of my classfellows would be as well. In particular, I am fascinated by the way in which Coupland expresses contradiction without irony. He seems very authentic, and yet has no qualms about expressing very contradictory views without making any effort to reconcile them. The interview is in three parts, the link I supplied being to the first, and the other two being accessible from the same page. There is probably an interview somewhere on youtube that deals directly with Life After God. I like the BBC one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really interesting interview. I could not find part 3 of it though. I liked his metaphor about lonely people being like someone playing musical chairs and being the one ending up without a chair. That's really insightful!
Monica